Seattle Bicycle Accident Lawyers
Our Seattle bicycle accident lawyers have obtained record-breaking settlements and verdicts on behalf of our clients. When a cyclist is involved in an accident, especially with involving trucking, the injuries are often more serious and often include spinal cord injuries and even brain injuries. With the exception of trucking incidents, or being struck by an uber/lyft or another well-insured driver, most bicycle riders do not have sufficient personal accident insurance to cover their own damages. So it is important to be able to evaluate any source of potential recovery due to negligence including highway design, premises liability, product liability. The severity of bike injuries and even death is reason to hire our team to help you.
What to Do After a Bike Accident
An injured cyclist or family members should treat the accident similarly to how a car accident is treated. Here are some basic steps to take:
- Call 911 immediately
- Get the driver’s insurance information – vehicle insurance company and policy number
- Get the driver’s license and those of all of the parties involved
- Gather evidence, take photos of the scene, damage to the bike, and injuries you’ve received
- Get the name of the investigating police officer and the number of the incident report
- Keep all medical records in response to the bike accident
- Consult with experienced bike accident lawyers like The Strittmatter Firm
Settlements Won by Our Bicycle Accident Attorneys
The bike injury accident lawyers at The Stritmatter Firm have helped countless injured cyclists and the families of those who have wrongfully died. We will advocate for you and your family and we hope our proven record of successful cases, lets you know we are thoroughly experienced and ready to help you.
- $8,000,000 settlement for a defective bridge where a gap in the bridge deck was too wide, allowing a bicycle tire to wedge in the gap, throwing the rider to the ground and paralyzing him.
- $4,000,000 settlement for a plaintiff who suffered incomplete quadriplegia from a 2-inch vertical change between concrete sidewalk panels
- $2,400,000 settlement for a wrongful death settlement in car versus bicycle accident
- $1,000,000 settlement for a plaintiff on bicycle struck by Seattle by dump truck