Andrew Ackley is a dynamic attorney who fights relentlessly for his clients. Andrew’s practice includes all areas of personal injury and consumer protection, with a particular focus on intentional torts (e.g. stabbings, shootings, rape), premises and landlord liability, wrongful death, premises liability, serious car accidents, drowning/recreational activity injury and insurance bad faith.
Andrew was born and raised in the Northwest. He attended the University of Oregon as an undergraduate, where he studied Political Science, Geological Science, Spanish, and French. After graduating Phi Beta Kappa and magna cum laude, he attended the University of Washington School of Law, where he was President of the Disability Law Alliance and the Director of Operations for the Pacific Rim Law & Policy Journal.
Andrew has been selected to the Super Lawyers Rising Stars list, published in Seattle Met and Super Lawyers magazine, a distinction reserved for no more than 2.5% of lawyers in Washington, three years in a row (2013-2017). He is an Eagle member of the Washington State Association for Justice and a member of the American Association for Justice, the Public Justice Foundation, and many other institutions. Andrew has been published both locally and internationally, and is regularly asked to speak at legal seminars and law schools regarding civil litigation and the practice of law. For more details about Andrew, please visit his personal website.
Sample of Andrew’s Settlements, Verdict and Judgments
- $1,500,000 settlement of premises liability claim against landlord for negligence
- Consumer Protection Act recovery >$500,000 (exact amount confidential)
- $185,000 global settlement of toxic tort and land use litigation case
- $380,000 gross recovery for injured pedestrians, Snohomish County
- $357,000 rear-end auto accident
- $500,000 legal malpractice judgment
- $190,000 pre-litigation settlement in premises liability fall claim, Kitsap County
- $210,000 settlement in rear-end collision brain injury claim
- $250,000 verdict in construction site fall, Kittitas County
- $400,000 aquatic injury, Thurston County
Disclaimer: This list is not representative of average or prospective settlements in all cases or in any type of case.
Some Current Cases (in litigation):
- Andrew is part of the legal team led by Karen Koehler representing more than 30 victims of the September 24, 2015 Ride the Ducks Crash on the Aurora Bridge.
- Andrew represents the surviving family members of a mother and son who perished in a condominium fire in Bellevue.
Tap to select and view
- Washington State Association for Justice, Public Affairs Committee Member, 2011 - Present
- Washington State Association for Justice, New Member Committee Member, 2011 - Present
- MIYFS Foundation Board Board Member, 2010 - Present
- King County Bar Association Member, 2009 - Present
- Washington State Association for Justice Eagle Member, 2008 - Present
- Rising Star Washington Super Lawyers four years in a row (2013 - 2016)
- C.Z. Smith Public Service Award--Nominee University of Washington School of Law (2009)
- Phi Beta Kappa graduation honors University of Oregon Phi Beta Kappa Chapter (2006)
- Trial Lawyer (OTLA) 2013, "Protecting Your Client From Social Media Self-Destruction"
- Medical Malpractice Liability, 2009, "Emerging Issues. Self-Diagnosing Medical Malpractice: How Japan’s Physician Self-Reporting Procedures Undermine Legal Deterrence and Medical Care"
- Motor Vehicle Accident Deskbook, 2009, The Jury Trial chapter--credited for contributions 2009
- Journal of East Asia and International Law Self-Diagnosing Medical Malpractice, 2007, "How Japan’s Physician Self-Reporting Procedures Undermine Legal Deterrence and Medical Care"