Bike Accident Lawyers
Our Seattle bicycle injury lawyers have obtained record breaking settlements/verdicts on behalf of our clients. When a cyclist is involved in an accident, the injuries are often more serious and often include spinal cord injuries and/or brain injuries. Unlike a driver, the bicyclist does not have all of that metal as protection. A seriously injured cyclist should treat the accident just like it was a car-only accident. Get the insurance information and drivers license of all of the parties involved. Then, consult with an attorney who has solid experience in representing injured cyclists.
The bike injury accident lawyers at SKW have helped countless injured cyclists. One of our recent, high profile cases include Gendler, where Keith Kessler and Brad Moore represented a cyclist who was injured on the Montlake Bridge.
Despite clear information that the Montlake Bridge posed a serious risk to cyclists, Washington State did nothing. As a result, Mr. Gendler seriously injured himself on a bicycle and is now a quadriplegic. More about the Gendler case.
Below is a small sample of our firm'smany successful bike accident cases throughout Washington State.
- Gendler v. State of Washington - ($8,000,000) Cyclist sustained catastrophic injuries on the Montlake Bridge. WSDOT had known for years that the surface of the bridge was unsafe and posed a threat of injury to cyclists.
- LaMacchia v. Williamson – $450,000 settlement for an injured cyclist. A M.D./Ph.D. student, sustained serious injuries, including a traumatic brain injury as a result of a driver making an illegal left turn into the cyclist.
- Wade v. Pierce County – $1,250,000 settlement in 2006 for death of a 12-year-old boy, when struck by a police vehicle while on his bicycle.
- Witt v. Hutton – a $600,000 settlement (policy limits) in 2001 for a woman bicyclist with a head injury from being hit by a vehicle.
- Lewis v. Hartford – $385,000 settlement in 1986 for head injury in car/bicycle collision.
- Foster v. Bylund – verdict for $60,000 in Grays Harbor County Superior Court, 1971. Was largest personal injury jury award in Grays Harbor County history at that time. Leg injury to 12-year-old bicyclist.