Keith L. Kessler
Over the past 30 years, Mr. Kessler has achieved a number of multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of brain and spinal cord injury survivors, as well as the families of victims of wrongful death. Much of his practice focuses on highway design, product liability, and airplane/helicopter crash cases. Most recently, he was named Best Lawyers' Lawyer of the Year - Personal Injury Litigation. He was also just named among the Top 100 Attorneys in Washington by Seattle Met magazine.
Keith’s consistent success is due largely to his skill at presenting a strong case for his plaintiff clients, supported by a network of solid experts that includes treating physicians, forensic experts, neuropsychologists, vocational rehabilitation professionals and life care planners. Several of Keith's brain injury cases have resulted in awards of as much as $8 million to the plaintiffs. In 2010, his work in representing injured cyclist, Mickey Gendler, against WSDOT garnered much attention.
Keith's sensitivity toward his clients also comes through in his many cases involving spinal cord injuries and amputation injuries. These become significant decisions because of the huge emotional component and the high level of lifetime care needed.
His cases take him to the air and to the road. Clients seek Mr. Kessler for his national reputation and extensive experience with both aircraft crashes and highway design cases. His aircraft cases have ranged from an airline crash in Amsterdam to a helcopter crash in the Olympic Mountains. One highway design case stands as the largest verdict ever in Thurston County and is among the top five biggest wrongful death verdicts in Washington state history.
Mr. Kessler is a Fellow with the American College of Trial Lawyers, having been selected from among the top 1% of trial attorneys in the United States and Canada. He has served as President of the Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, President of the invitation-only Damage Attorneys Round Table, and President of the American Board of Trial Advocates, Washington Chapter.
Keith was honored as "Trial Lawyer of the Year" by the Washington State Trial Lawyers Association in 1994, and as "Outstanding Plaintiff Trial Lawyer" by the Washington Defense Trial Lawyers in 2002. He has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 1995.
He was appointed by the Washington State Supreme Court to the Washington Pattern Jury Instructions Committee (2000 to present).
- University of Washington, J.D., 1972
- University of Washington, B.A., Philosophy, 1969
- Keith is currently a Trustee at the Evergreen State College
Outside the Office
Keith tries to include time for soaking up new cities on business trips. Among his favorite places are the Italian cities of Venice and Amalfi. In the little free time he has, Keith is a fan of Formula One racing and enjoys playing the piano.
email@example.com or 1-800-540-7364
- American Association for Justice
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Damage Attorneys Round Table
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington State Trial Lawyers Association (past President)
- Lawyers-Pilots Bar Association
Awards & Achievements
- Seattle Area Best Lawyers' Personal Injury Litigator (2011)
- Trial Lawyer of the Year, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association (1994)
- Outstanding Plaintiff Trial Lawyer, Washington Defense Trial Lawyers (2002)
- Awarded Fellowship in the American College of Trial Lawyers (Top 1% of Trial Attorneys in the United States) (2004)
- Elected to Membership in the American Board of Trial Advocates (President of Washington Chapter – 1997)
- Elected to Membership in the Damages Attorneys Round Table (President – 2002)
- Peer-selected for The Best Lawyers in America (1995-present)
- Appointed by the Washington State Supreme Court to the Washington Pattern Jury Instructions Committee (2000 to present)
- Appointed by the Governor of State of Washington the to the Board of Trustees of The Evergreen State College (2008 to present)
- Rated AV (highest available rating) by Martindale-Hubbell
- Rated 10.0 (highest available rating) on AVVO
Invitations Legal Memberships
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow, 2004
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Washington Chapter (president, 1997)
- Damage Attorneys Round Table (president, 2002)
- AAJ Bicycle Litigation Group (2009 to present)
- AAJ Products Liability Group (2009 to present)
- AAJ Motor Vehicle Collision Litigation Group (2009 to present)