A powerful champion in a mild mannered package. This is how colleagues and clients often describe Catherine. Ms. Fleming has tackled a wide range of cases at the firm. She excels with cases that require tenacity and frequent client communication. Judges and opposing counsel alike have credited her for her convincing arguments. Her clients love her because she cares about them like they are part of her family.
At law school, Catherine served on the board of the law journal, Seattle Journal for Social Justice, as the Research and Technical Editor. She has been instrumental in getting the SKW publications from rough draft to the final publication.
Ms. Fleming began her time at Stritmatter Kessler as a law clerk in 2005. Upon graduating from law school in 2007, Catherine has continued to contribute to the firm with a focus on consumer protection class action, wrongful death, insurance bad faith/breach of contract, and serious injury cases. As a carryover from her previous career at high tech companies, including Microsoft and Qwest (now Century Link) and digital marketing agencies, she is particularly passionate about righting wrongs on behalf of consumers who have suffered because of a company’s negligent handling of their sensitive, personal information and/or improper marketing practices.
Whenever she finds a free moment, she enjoys contributing to the firm’s blog and her Privacy Law Diva blog. Catherine currently represents plaintiffs for class action lawsuits, such as a 2016 defective roof shingle class action, data breach cases against Anthem/Amerigroup, Johnson & Johnson talc powder/ovarian powder cases along with an array of consumer protection cases.
Tap to select and view
- Washington State Association for Justice, EAGLE Member
- Washington State Association for Justice, Diversity Committee
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), President's Circle
- AAJ Data Breach/Privacy Litigation Group Member
- AAJ Class Action Litigation Group Member
- Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) Cooperating Attorney
- American Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, Western District of Washington
- Women in Security and Privacy
- International Association for Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- March 2016, Trial Magazine, American Association for Justice, "Sidebar: More Online Marketing Tips"
- June 2012, Bar Bulletin, King County Bar Association, "The Velvet Hammer," by Paul Stritmatter & Catherine Fleming,
- WSAJ Roundtable, 2017 - "Nuts & Bolts of Class Actions"
- WSAJ Seminar, 2016 - "Threats & Opportunities: Data Privacy Cases Post-Spokeo" (national audience)
- WSAJ Winter Conference, 2010 - Learn How to Maintain a Successful (and profitable) Law Firm - "Raising Your Firm's Visibility"
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- All Washington State Superior Courts